On the eve of the announcement of the State Government’s long-awaited public transport plan, the Greens have outlined what will be required for the plan to make a credible contribution to providing public transport choice to Perth’s residents.
“We will be looking for six key features in tomorrow’s plan,” Australian Greens transport spokesperson Senator Scott Ludlam said.
· Substantial funding commitments and a deadline for the first new light rail service
· An end to delays on keystone projects like the airport rail link
· Ambitious targets for rapid increases in public transport patronage across the board
· A network model that provides for competitive anywhere-to-anywhere public transport
· An indication that the State will be seeking Commonwealth Infrastructure Australia funding for mass transit
· Tight integration with land-use planning to ensure public transport is provided in all new developments
Senator Ludlam will be available for comment.
Contact: Rachel Pemberton on 0408 988 977
Communications and Campaigns Officer (Tuesdays – Friday)
Office of Scott Ludlam | Australian Greens Senator for Western Australia
8 Cantonment Street Fremantle WA 6160
P: 08 9335 7477 | F: 08 9335 7499 | M: 0408 988 977
|PROTECTING THE CLIMATE IS A JOB FOR EVERYONE|
|Sign-up to GreensMPs||GreensBlog|