from my friend and colleague Athenae…
Attached is a media release from angelhands asking for help to publicise its campaign to raise $50,000 to facilitate the continuation of its services for victims of personal violence.
Perth-based angelhands was founded by Dr Ann O’Neill, who herself was a victim of violence when her two children were shot dead by her estranged husband.
If you are able to help out by running a story, angelhands would be really grateful, and has people who are able to share their stories.
Contact numbers are at the bottom of the release, or give me a call for further info.
- Addressing VAW through film and dialogue: Day THREE -16 Days of Activism (africanfeminism.wordpress.com)
- Annual cost of violence pegged at $6.9 billion after women leave abusive partners, UBC research (esciencenews.com)
- Historic Family Agaist Violence Act Gains Advocacy at Navajo Domestic Violence Conference (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Red Lake Women’s Shelter Hosts Domestic Violence Conference (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- White Ribbon Pakistan launches Pledge Campaign to end VAW (jehanara.wordpress.com)